heart Forum - Stay or Go...

• colin
  • colin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 years 4 months ago #4707 by colin
colin created the topic: Forum - Stay or Go...
There has been a steadily decreasing amount of activity in the coffeecrew forum - truth is, I recognize that a lot of coffee talk takes places on other forums and mediums like Facebook and twitter.

This forum has been active in some form or another since around 1997 -- a long time in internet years.

I am spending an increasing amount of time on forum bombers, spammers and shills selling Gucci bags, drugs and mortgages on the forum - it is tiresome and wasteful of my limited time.

My vote is to set the coffeecrew forum on Archive/Read only UNLESS there is some objection.

I am open to all kinds of suggestions.

Thank you -- Your editor Colin :laugh:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• direct00
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
4 years 2 months ago #4716 by direct00
direct00 replied the topic: Forum - Stay or Go...
Sad if it has to go, but I run a few blogs and I know how much time it takes to remove all the spam...

Maybe it would help if you archive the old stuff, and just keep one or two forums going - one general coffee / one for locals? That might help make it quicker to remove the junk as you'd only have one or two places to look. Just a thought.

• colin
  • colin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 years 2 months ago #4717 by colin
colin replied the topic: Forum - Stay or Go...
Thank you! Actually I now have a complete handle on the spammers - for now.

All I need at this point is participation - that said, the internet has evolved and no one really needs a one stop coffee forum anymore - the few that really succeed (Like CoffeeGeek.com) will probably continue to live on.
For the price I can see CoffeeCrew.com living on for another while longer - I have not run out of things to say yet -- and the feedback that I regularly get from readers is heart warming and encouraging.
Thank you everyone, for everything!

Time to create page: 0.076 seconds