- Created: Monday, 20 September 2004 12:35
- Written by Salton-Maxim Co.
When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be followed:
1.Read all instructions carefully.
2. Do not touch hot surfaces, use handles or knobs.
3. When in use, the appliance is under pressure and should never be left unattended.
4. To protect against fire, electric shock and personal injury, do not immerse cord, plug or appliance in water or other liquid.
5. Close supervision is necessary when any electrical appliance is used by or near children.
6. Unplug from outlet when not in use and before cleaning. Allow to cool before putting on or taking off parts and before cleaning.
7. Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord or plug or after the appliance malfunctions or has been damaged in any manner. Return appliance to the SaltonlMAXIM Service Center for examination, repair or adjustment.
8. The use of accessory attachments not recommended by Salton/MAXIM may result in fire, electric shock or personal injury.
9. Do not use outdoors.
10. Do not let cord hangover edge of table or counter or touch hot surfaces.
11. Do not place on or near a hot gas or electric burner, or in a heated oven.
12. Prior to connecting or disconnecting plug from wall outlet, turn any control to "OFF".
13. Never use the appliance without water.
14. Do not use the appliance for other than intended use.
15. Keep steam-jet control knob in closed position when not being used.
16. Do not unscrew or remove safety lid while the appliance is in operation, wait until brewing cycle is completed and all water and steam has been used up.
17. The carafe is designed for use with this appliance. It must never be used on a range top. Do not set a hot carafe on a wet or cold surface. Do not use a cracked carafe or a carafe having a loose or weakened handle. Do not clean carafe with cleaners, steel wool pads or other abrasive material.
Save These Instructions